I've made a colour palette table to reference in SVG Image expressions—is it a good idea?

This is what the table looks like

Encrafted_0-1713074503317.png

The leftmost column is an Image type with the bare minimum SVG code. [Encoded Hex] is a virtual column that just uses ENCODEURL() on a column with the hash-hex colour value.

CONCATENATE("data&colon;image/svg+xml;utf8,<svg xmlns='http://www.w3.org/2000/svg' width='100%' height='100%' style='background-color:", [Encoded hex], "'>
</svg>")

An extract from where it's used elsewhere. This is inside <svg> tags with CONCATENATE() gluing everything together.

<circle cx='0' cy='0' r='95' fill=""", 
SELECT(Colour hex codes[Encoded hex], ([Colour ID] = "Purple highlight"), TRUE), 
"""/>

I'm never going to have a million colours on the palette table but I don't know if this is the sort of thing that can inadvertently cripple a program. If the impact is something only a computer would notice then I'm fine with that. Even if it looks a bit unwieldy it's way easier to change colours and stick to a consistent palette. Open to suggestions if there's a more efficient way to do the same thing, of course.

Solved Solved
1 2 56
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I believe it is a good idea and you might want to put it under Tips & Tricks. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

I believe it is a good idea and you might want to put it under Tips & Tricks. 

Thanks, I'm pretty new to AppSheet so I didn't want to post this there straight away in case it turned out I was overlooking a major issue.

Top Labels in this Space