I want to find the total area from multiple pins on the map.

Is it possible to calculate the size of the area that covers all of the coordinate information recorded on the upsheet? It doesn't matter if the numbers are rough.

0 3 96
3 REPLIES 3

Yes but you will need to create the formula yourself. You would need to have LatLong values for the pins.

First, you will need to perform some coordinate math to get the pins that describe the outline of the area you want the size for. Then you can apply the DISTANCE() function to get the length between 2 pins for each side of your "polygon".  Then it's just a matter of Algebra to calculate the Area.

I imagine this would be a complicated process/set of expressions but it can be done.

Thank you for answering. I see. It seems that the problem can be solved by specifying the maximum and minimum latitude values and the maximum and minimum longitude values and calculating the respective distances. It will take some time, but I will try. thank you for always.

Yes, from those 4 values you can assemble set of points to form a rectangle that covers all the pins and then compute the area of that rectangle.  This obviously is a very, very rough approximation but you did say "rough" was acceptable.  At the very least it is a good place to start.  You can always refine it later.

Top Labels in this Space