I want to know an automation where deleting a table row will also delete other table rows.

When a user enters a meeting schedule into the meeting table, the same meeting schedule is automatically entered into the linked Google Calendar table.
It worked fine so far.
However, when you delete a row in this meeting table, the appointment will not disappear from the calendar table.
I ended up deleting all client schedules while experimenting with automation!!
I am writing this with great fear right now. I would like to know the correct action.

The settings I failed to set the event as
"data change", "delete only", "meeting table",
Set the process settings to
"run a data action" and "schedule table"
I set "= schedule table [Row ID]" and "delete". Of course, this will remove all schedules from the schedule.
I'm too scared to report it to my client yet.

Solved Solved
0 8 246
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Oops!

Your setup description is not very clear, but are you saying for the "Referenced rows" section, you entered schedule table [Row ID] ? That would indeed delete the entire "schedule table" table. You need to use a FILTER expression to look up the exact record(s) to delete, to match the one you just deleted. Something like:

FILTER( schedule table , [ref-column] = [_THISROW] )

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Oops!

Your setup description is not very clear, but are you saying for the "Referenced rows" section, you entered schedule table [Row ID] ? That would indeed delete the entire "schedule table" table. You need to use a FILTER expression to look up the exact record(s) to delete, to match the one you just deleted. Something like:

FILTER( schedule table , [ref-column] = [_THISROW] )

thank you!
Solved my problem a bit. Setting the process settings to "run action on rows" and putting the formula you gave me in Referenced rows worked.
But new questions arose.
A bot that added a row to table A (meetings table) also added a row to table B (google calendar) worked.
And thanks to you, deleting rows in table A also deletes rows in table B.
But I couldn't figure out how to update the information in the B table if I change the A table.
So, Adds only and delete only worked, but I don't know how to make updates only work.
do you know how to solve that?

Thank you for your reply. I understood that there are various approaches. But I found them all difficult. I'll read through this a little further.

AppSheet does not provide a native and easy way to update the row in the row(s) in another table.   It is said that the add new row to another table action may suffice, but it is not an absolute solution.

thank you for your reply. I understand that. As a result, I think it is necessary to create three separate actions for adding, deleting, and updating.
Adding and deleting worked fine, but I still don't know how to update. I also thought that the fact that another table was a google calendar made the situation complicated.
The function I am currently challenging is that when table A is updated, a row is added to table B (Google calendar), and the old row number of table B is selected and deleted. But this is not yet finished.
Specifically, the contents are as follows.

ใƒœใƒƒใƒˆ็”ป้ข๏ผ‘.png

ใƒœใƒƒใƒˆ็”ป้ข๏ผ’.png

but this doesn't work. The description is specified because there is no column for entering the ID associated with the A table on the Google Calendar side.

่พปใ•ใ‚“ใ€ใŠ่ฟ”ไบ‹ใ‚ใ‚ŠใŒใจใ†ใ”ใ–ใ„ใพใ™ใ€‚
ๆ—งใƒ•ใ‚ฉใƒผใƒฉใƒ ็ญ‰ใ€ๅคงๅค‰ๅ‚่€ƒใซใ•ใ›ใฆ้ ‚ใ„ใฆใ„ใพใ™ใ€‚
ๅˆๅฟƒ่€…ใ‚†ใˆใ€ใ‚‚ใ†ๅฐ‘ใ—ไธŠ้”ใ—ใฆใ‹ใ‚‰DOJOใซๅ‚ๅŠ ใ—ใ‚ˆใ†ใจๆ€ใฃใฆใ„ใพใ™ใ€‚
ไธŠ่จ˜่‹ฑๆ–‡ใฏGoogleใƒˆใƒฉใƒณใ‚นใƒฌใƒผใƒˆใงๅค‰ๆ›ใ—ใŸใ‚‚ใฎใงใ™ใฎใงใ€
ๅฟตใฎใŸใ‚ๆ—ฅๆœฌ่ชžใ‚‚่ผ‰ใ›ใฆใŠใใพใ™ใ€‚

่ฟฝๅŠ ใ€ๅ‰Š้™คใ€ๆ›ดๆ–ฐใฎ๏ผ“ใคใ‚’ๅˆฅใ‚ขใ‚ฏใ‚ทใƒงใƒณใงไฝœๆˆใ™ใ‚‹ๅฟ…่ฆใŒใ‚ใ‚‹ใจ่€ƒใˆใฆใ„ใพใ™ใ€‚
่ฟฝๅŠ ใจๅ‰Š้™คใซ้–ขใ—ใฆใฏไธŠๆ‰‹ใๆฉŸ่ƒฝใ—ใพใ—ใŸใŒใ€ๆ›ดๆ–ฐใฎๆ–นๆณ•ใŒๆœชใ ใซใ‚ใ‹ใฃใฆใ„ใพใ›ใ‚“ใ€‚ใใ‚Œใฏๅˆฅใƒ†ใƒผใƒ–ใƒซใŒgoogleใ‚ซใƒฌใƒณใƒ€ใƒผใงใ‚ใ‚‹ไบ‹ใŒ็Šถๆณใ‚’่ค‡้›‘ใซใ—ใฆใ„ใ‚‹ใจใ‚‚ๆ€ใ„ใพใ—ใŸใ€‚
ไปŠใƒใƒฃใƒฌใƒณใ‚ธใ—ใฆใ„ใ‚‹ๆฉŸ่ƒฝใฏใ€Aใƒ†ใƒผใƒ–ใƒซใŒๆ›ดๆ–ฐใŒใ•ใ‚Œใ‚‹ใจBใƒ†ใƒผใƒ–ใƒซ๏ผˆใ‚ฐใƒผใ‚ฐใƒซใ‚ซใƒฌใƒณใƒ€ใƒผ๏ผ‰ใซ่กŒใŒ่ฟฝๅŠ ใ•ใ‚Œใ€Bใƒ†ใƒผใƒ–ใƒซใฎๅคใ„่กŒ็•ชๅทใ‚’้ธๆŠžใ—ๅ‰Š้™คใ™ใ‚‹ใ€ใจใ„ใ†ๆฉŸ่ƒฝใงใ™ใ€‚ใ—ใ‹ใ—ใ“ใ‚Œใฏใพใ ๅฎŒๆˆใ—ใฆใ„ใพใ›ใ‚“ใ€‚
ๅ…ทไฝ“็š„ใซใฏไธŠ่จ˜ๆทปไป˜ๅ†™็œŸใฎใ‚ˆใ†ใชๅ†…ๅฎนใงใ™ใ€‚

ใ—ใ‹ใ—ใ“ใ‚ŒใฏๆฉŸ่ƒฝใ—ใพใ›ใ‚“ใ€‚descriptionใ‚’ๆŒ‡ๅฎšใ—ใฆใ„ใ‚‹ใฎใฏใ‚ฐใƒผใ‚ฐใƒซใ‚ซใƒฌใƒณใƒ€ใƒผๅดใซAใƒ†ใƒผใƒ–ใƒซใจ็ดใฅใ‘ใ‚‹IDใ‚’ๅ…ฅๅŠ›ใ™ใ‚‹ใ‚ซใƒฉใƒ ใŒ็„กใ„ใŸใ‚ใงใ™ใ€‚ใ“ใ‚Œใฏ็„ก็†็Ÿข็†ใชๆ„ŸใŒใ‚ใ‚‹ใชใจ็†่งฃใ—ใชใŒใ‚‰่‹ฆ่‚‰ใฎ็ญ–ใงใ™ใŒใ€ไป–ใซใ‚‚ใฃใจใ‚นใƒžใƒผใƒˆใชๆ–นๆณ•ใŒใ‚ใ‚‹ใฏใšใจ่ฉฆ่กŒ้Œฏ่ชคใ—ใฆใ„ใ‚‹ๆฎต้šŽใงใ™ใ€‚

ใ“ใกใ‚‰่งฃๆฑบใงใใพใ—ใŸใ€‚
่ฟฝๅŠ ใจๅ‰Š้™คใŒๆฉŸ่ƒฝใ—ใฆใ„ใŸใฎใง๏ผ’ใคใ‚’็ต„ใฟๅˆใ‚ใ›ใฆๆ›ดๆ–ฐใฎใ‚ชใƒผใƒˆใƒกใƒผใ‚ทใƒงใƒณใŒๅฎŒๆˆใ—ใพใ—ใŸใ€‚
ใŸใ ใ€ใ‚„ใฏใ‚Šๅฐ‘ใ—็„ก็†็Ÿข็†ใชๆ„Ÿใฏใ‚ใ‚‹๏ผˆ็‰นใซใƒ†ใƒผใƒ–ใƒซAใ‹ใ‚‰ใƒ†ใƒผใƒ–ใƒซBใ‚’็ดใฅใ‘ใ‚‹ๆ–นๆณ•๏ผ‰ใฎใงๅฟœๆ€ฅๅ‡ฆ็ฝฎ็š„ใช็Šถๆ…‹ใง็ต‚ใ‚ใฃใฆใ„ใพใ™ใ€‚
ใจใซใ‹ใใŠ็ญ”ใˆใ„ใŸใ ใใ‚ใ‚ŠใŒใจใ†ใ”ใ–ใ„ใพใ—ใŸใ€‚

I was able to resolve the issue with this topic and the associated update issue.
The first idea that came to my mind was that the combination of working "add" and "delete" would complete the "update" automation. But at the time, I assumed that after deleting a row, I wouldn't have the information to add another row.
But in practice everything worked fine.

Top Labels in this Space