I want to only creator of the record/data able to edit it

I have a question, is it possible set the only creator of the record/data able to edit it?

Currently, I plan to solve this with hide the Save button when the user login is not the same as the Creator field, where Creator field automatically fills with USEREMAIL() function.

Is it right to use this way?
I appreciate thank for your help to solve this problem

Thank you for your help
Solved Solved
0 4 177
  • UX
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Yes, it is the right way, but you cannot hide the save button. Instead, you can disable the edit button. 

View solution in original post

Hi friend,

1. Add a Column to your Table, called [Creator]
  2. Set the INITIAL VALUE of [Creator] to USEREMAIL()
  3. Find the Edit action of your Table, add [Creator]=USEREMAIL() to the Only if this condition is true in the Behavior session.

Logic: Everytime a record is SAVED, the creator will also be recorded. And the EDIT button of a specific record is only viewable by the creator."

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Yes, it is the right way, but you cannot hide the save button. Instead, you can disable the edit button. 

thank you for your advice, I will try it

Hi friend,

1. Add a Column to your Table, called [Creator]
  2. Set the INITIAL VALUE of [Creator] to USEREMAIL()
  3. Find the Edit action of your Table, add [Creator]=USEREMAIL() to the Only if this condition is true in the Behavior session.

Logic: Everytime a record is SAVED, the creator will also be recorded. And the EDIT button of a specific record is only viewable by the creator."

thank you, i will try it

Top Labels in this Space