I want to view the rows of google sheet matching some criteria

I have a database as google sheet (spreadsheet).
It has some rows and columns.
One of the column is ProjectName which has values like SGRAN,NOFN,LTE etc
I want to create an web app which dipays the rows where column name ProjectName is having the value NOFN.
Please explain how to create such a app in appsheet.
regards,
Anand

1 50 570
  • UX
50 REPLIES 50

First u have to create a slice for the table having the data with the following expression

[ProjectName]=NOFN

and after creating slice, create a view in the UX and select the source table as the slice u just created. now in this view u will see the data as per your need

Some additional references

Relevant Sample App:

https://www.appsheet.com/samples/This-app-shows-how-to-slice-your-data?appGuidString=984a5f04-96f6-4...

Thanks for the help.
I created an app using slice.
I also moved it to deployed state.
How do i run this app?
Please help

if you have deployed the appโ€ฆmake sure you have subscribed to 1 of the pricing plansโ€ฆor else you would not be able to use appโ€ฆ

If you have download Appsheet from Playstore or Apple Appstore and login to the app using the ID u used to create this app or the invite id u have entered in the appsheet users pageโ€ฆ

open the app adn you will the see the app either the my apps section or shared apps if you are using a different id than the one used to create it.

Before deploying,
I want to test my app to know whether it is working or not?
How do i test it?

when u goto appsheet on you mobile using the same id u have created the app, u will see the app in my appsโ€ฆclick on the app u want to test and start using it.

I want to test my web app not mobile app. How do test the web app?

goto users>link> and copy browser link

The view of the slice is not working properly.
it is showing blank.
Why?

can u share a screenshot of the slice

I have taken the screen shot.
How do i share it to you?

attach by clicking as in screenshot below

Wrap your column name into square brackets [Process Area Code]

Also, be sure that you have a โ€˜Viewโ€™ created that is pointing to your slice.

Thanks for your example app.
Similarly i want a example app for using forms.
I want to display the slice of data using the given inputs provided in the form.
I want to take user inputs from the form and use it to create a slice of data and i want to display the slice of main table to the user.
How do it do it in Appsheet.
Please explain or send me an example app using forms.

Please give me your mail-id. I will make you coauthor.
Please demonstrate like how to take input from form and display the slice of data as output.

Thanks for the help.
I want to use form in my application.
Hwo to write an expression where i can select and display the rows mtaching a column (Project Name)
having the value selected by the user (for Ex:EAIS,SGRAN NOFN etc)
I want the form the show all the possible values of Project Name like SGRAN,EAIS or NOFN for the user select one of them.
How to do that using form.?
How to write thr filter expression for that?

for this you have to enter a expression in data validity of the column header where it refers to only those values as referenced by the Project Name.

For instance Project Name is A

u want the next entry selection to show 1, 2, 3

If Project name is B

u want next entry to show 4,5,6

Do u want this type of thing

No,
Project Name is a column in google sheet and like this there are other columns like Date of Recording, Process Area Code, Context of the lesson etc.Projet Name can have text strings as SGRAN,NOFN, EAIS etc(They are different projects).I want the app to present these values(SGRAN,NOFN,EAIS) to the user to select one of them,
When user selects one of them,The matching rows with the values corresponding to all the columns including Project Name,Date Of Recording,Process Are Code, Context Of the lesson should be displayed to the user.

can u share a screenshot of the google sheetโ€ฆ of the table with headers only and some sample data if possible so that i can help u better

I have uploaded the screenshot of google sheet, From this j have made a table called Blr

This is the screenshot of UX(view) i have created

This is the image of data slice created by me to filter the matching rows

your expression maybe wrongโ€ฆpls checkโ€ฆis the Project name column same as the value in Project nameโ€ฆ

I have attached my slice screenshot.
But it is not generating the proper view.
Please check.

thatโ€™s because the expression is wrong. it should be as below, and make sure source table is selected properly

[Process Area Code]=SDDUT

when writing an expression, the column header should be in closed square brackets.

I created the view in which the rows matching condition Process Area Code is SDDUT ,are to be displayed.
Here all the columns are not displayed.
I have uploaded the screenshot.
Please suggest what is wrong.

please check the source table in UX to check if you have selected the correct slice

When i click on view data button it is shwoing the required(filtered) rows.
But when i share a app to another user(through mail-id) and when they open the app in browser.
the view is not showing all the columns of the filtered rows.
What is wrong here

if its possible pls send me an invite to your app and make me a co-author i will look and sort your issue,after that you can delete my invite

what is your mail-id?

it is a companyโ€™s data, this i can not share with you.
Thanks for your help

no problemโ€ฆwhat u can do is remove all data except headers and share it for me to help youโ€ฆlater on you can add data

I want to store the google sheet in my local PC not in the google drive.
Will the application work with the data stored in my PC?
How to make it work with the data in my PC?
Also i want to use forms where user can submitt data, in my case project name and seach and display the matching rows which have the given project name.
Basically the user want to given inputs for project name and process area code and display the matching rows as a result. How to do this in the app?

Application will not work for data stored in local PC.

in form you can get matching row as result using expression, the expression will depend on the data for which if u share screenshot of table and the result you are expecting i can tell u the expression.

Help me with the espression to filter the rows matching ProjectName as EAIS.
How to take input from user using form?
Pease explain.

Top Labels in this Space