I was in yesterday morning's Office Hours web...

I was in yesterday morningโ€™s Office Hours webinar when Santiago hinted that there might be an unconventional way of using different BaseImages for XY columns. Basically, we want to have a table of Pins with a ReferencedTableName of Drawings and IsPartOf set to true so that we can have a group of pins per Drawing ImageUrl. I started fooling around with it based off the โ€œCustom mapsโ€ sample app. Hereโ€™s my new Source Data: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jj2x8HMifQJqoJ1zgm03yp3mgM-6iVH6ec66r_iI6_k/edit?usp=sharing

I made the BaseImage in the Position column set to โ€œ=[DrawingKey].[ImageUrl]โ€ and that seemed to work to bring up the right drawing to add pins. Itโ€™s not ideal as the map window to add pins is tiny. Iโ€™d rather be able to do that through a Map View but Iโ€™m having trouble creating the Map View so that itโ€™s per Drawing ImageUrl. Any idea how we could do that?

1 2 393
  • UX
2 REPLIES 2

I was totally unaware that we can use expression in BaseImage property of a XY type column as it seems it only accepts text entry. Thanks for letting us know. @Santiago @praveen can you please elaborate this?

Hello

Wonderful feature

I have been expecting this feature since the beginning of XY column .

Thanks to the appsheet team

Etienne

Top Labels in this Space