I would like to set the initial value for the form

I would like to set the different initial value for the form based on dropdown value(Enum). I got the formula right. Ref the screenshot: image|690x387 but its not working in the app. Please someone help me on this.

1 4 2,498
4 REPLIES 4

I believe the InitialValue is โ€œcalculatedโ€ as soon as the field is displayed and will not change based on user input afterwards. Try using Show If, to only show the field you are having trouble with once the dropdown value has been selected - Show If = ISNOTBLANK([Dropdown Column])

The initial value will be recalculated until the user interacts with it or saves the form. So if the initial value expression makes use of some other column value of the form, and that column value changes several times, the initial value itself will be recalculated several timesโ€“so long as the user doesnโ€™t touch the computed value.

Its value will be recomputed as the new entry is filled in until the user explicitly assigns/overrides the value of the column. At that point, a value has been assigned and the โ€œInitial Valueโ€ definition is no longer relevant for this entry.

Hmm, Ok. Thank you for correcting me. Iโ€™m sure I had problems with this in the past which is why I suggested the โ€œworkaroundโ€. I guess I learned my one new thing for the day. Time for a beer!

If you donโ€™t change that fieldโ€™s initial value while adding that record, it should change the value depending on the Dropdown value.

Top Labels in this Space