IF Expression Question

Terry1

I’ve input the IF expression on a test app and it worked perfectly. Then I applied it to the client’s app and it doesn’t work as expected. Basically there is a Status column (Active or Inactive), and there is a Action column which is an enum containing a list of actions:

Extend Expiration Date
Activate New Subscription
Reactivate Expired Subscription
Address Change
Deactivate Subscription

“Deactivate Subscription” is the only choice on the list that would return an Inactive return. So I set the expression as follows:

However, whenever I try to change the value of Action, it always remains Active and will not change to Inactive if “Deactivate Subscription” is selected in the Action list. I hope this makes sense. Here is what happens:

2X_7_7d8128acad472785462110776232011f82040766.jpeg

Honestly, I’m not sure if I’m even using the correct expression, or if there is a better way to make this work. I’m trying to simplify the client’s choice and keeping them from have to and Action and Status.

0 5 571
5 REPLIES 5

If your text is 100 % correct above, then it’s just a simple typo. Your action text is “Deactivated Subscription” - your expression uses “Deactivate” without the “d” at the end

Oh jeez. You wouldn’t believe how much time I spent trying different things to make this work. Thank you for pointing out my error. It works great now. Thank you very much!

lol I know the feeling! Syntax and spelling errors are the worst.

@Terry - and thanks for sharing enough details for @Belinda to spot that. A picture is certainly with a thousand words!!!

Certainly. It just makes sense that if someone is going to ask for help they should try to make it as easy as possible for everyone to understand the issue. Even if it turns out to be a little tipo.

Top Labels in this Space