IFS for progress column

se
Bronze 2
Bronze 2

I'm attempting to create a basic action that toggles through the progress column type (eg. will just move the progress up one - empty to quarter, quarter to half, etc each time its tapped). I've managed to get it to work by just having multiple actions that hide and show based on the progress status however I would like to functionality of selecting multiple rows at different progresses (half, quarter, three quarter), and triggering the action to move all up progress value. 

My expression so far is:

IFS([Progress]="Empty","Quarter",[Progress]="Quarter","Half",[Progress]="Half","Three Quarters",[Progress]="Three Quarters","Full")

However, I'm getting the following error:

The expression is valid but its result type 'Yes/No' is not one of the expected types: Progress

Any thoughts? Should I be using something other than IFS?

0 10 240
10 REPLIES 10

@se wrote:

IFS([Progress]="Empty","Quarter",[Progress]="Quarter","Half",[Progress]="Half","Three Quarters",[Progress]="Three Quarters","Full")

However, I'm getting the following error:

The expression is valid but its result type 'Yes/No' is not one of the expected types: Progress

IFS is not a problem.  It may be the message doesn't quite explain the real problem.

• Did you insert the accepted values into the Progress column?  See image below
  • If so, where are you inserting/trying to use this expression?

Screenshot 2022-11-13 at 7.10.43 PM.png

se
Bronze 2
Bronze 2

Yes, all the values are in the progress column as per below:

se_0-1668386854942.png

I am trying to put the expression into an Action. It has now become valid however the action now just triggers the row value to become blank.

se_1-1668387032261.png

@se wrote:

however the action now just triggers the row value to become blank.

Ok, then how is the Progress column value being set BEFORE the action runs?  Is it set by a user manually as input in a Form?  Is there an Initial Value?

Also, How is the action run?  By a button or automatically when a row is added/edited? 

The progress is set manually first within the form, and then actioned by a button. 

@se wrote:

and then actioned by a button. 

By this I guess you mean a user taps a button which activates the action you noted above to advance the Progress indicator.  Any other actions that ALSO change the Progress value?

I would test it this way:

1)  Enter a row, select the normal Progress option, Save, and then watch the sheet (I assume you are using a Google sheet) to verify the row is saved with the Progress value you selected.  Keeping watching the sheet.  Does the value stay or does it change by itself?  

2)  Once you have verified the chosen value is saved and does not change, then tap the button to "advance" Progress indicator.  Watch the sheet again.   Does the value advance properly?  Does it stay or does it change?

If you find that the values is changing on you, then it mean you have some "other" processing that is also updating the Progress value.  You will need to locate where the is happening and correct it.

Sorry! I was waiting for a reply to this but didn't realise I hadn't replied.

Yes the user taps a button to activate the advance progress.

The Save form progress enters the progress value as per normal when watching the sheet.

The advance progress action just erases all the content from the cell in the sheet. 

Please show the Action used for the button and any additional actions that are part of that same process.

This is the only action as part of the process

se_0-1669418836575.png

se_1-1669418859182.png

se
Bronze 2
Bronze 2

Frustratingly, I'm not sure what I have done but it now works...

Congrats!

Top Labels in this Space