IFS function is used incorrectly:Inputs to IFS() must be condition-value pairs. Input 4 is not a val

I have a Three tables "M.Campus Staff Records, B.Campus Staff Records, Trust Staff Records.

I have another table called Payslip Records.

In Payslip Records App definition, I have to select the Branch Field which is M.Campus or B.Campus or Trust.

Based on Branch I want to fetch table values based on Previous Dropdown Values.

First I used IFS function in "Staff Full Name" Column and it works. I shown below.

IFS(
([Branch] = 'M.Campus'), SELECT(M.Campus Staff Basic Records[Staff Full Name],TRUE),
([Branch] = 'B.Campus'),SELECT(B.Campus Staff Basic Records[Staff Full Name],TRUE),
([Branch] = 'Trust'),SELECT(Trust Staff Basic Records[Staff Full Name],TRUE),
)

good.PNG

After that i need to Choose the Staff ID which based on the previous Filed "Staff Full Name" along with the selected Branch. I shown below.

IFS
(
[Branch] = "M.Campus",SELECT(M.Campus Staff Basic Records[Staff ID],[Staff Full Name]=[_THISROW].[Staff Full Name],TRUE),
[Branch] = "B.Campus",SELECT(B.Campus Staff Basic Records[Staff ID],[Staff Full Name]=[_THISROW].[Staff Full Name],TRUE),
[Branch] = "Trust",SELECT(Trust Staff Basic Records[Staff ID],[Staff Full Name]=[_THISROW].[Staff Full Name],TRUE)
)

Now the "Staff ID" Expression Assistant shows error "IFS function is used incorrectly:Inputs to IFS() must be condition-value pairs. Input 4 is not a value of a consistent type." I have attached the Screenshot.

Error.PNG

I used the same formula but not working. Any solution to get rid of this error. @Steve 

0 1 109
1 REPLY 1

My comment won't help as a direct solution for your problem but you are messing a lot of things just to be able to do something that's wrong IMHO.

Don't use the same field to save reference data from different tables. If I were you, I'd combine the three tables and differenciate between them via using an extra column.

Top Labels in this Space