IMPORTED CSV DATA SHOW MORE ROWS IN ACTUAL CSV FILE

Hi everyone, 

Hope you can help me  cope with below issue

I am trying to use CSV file import action

Below is my CSV file : there's only one row of data

kvngo94_0-1649639680816.png

Below is what's imported in my data base : there are 3 rows, 1 with expected data, 2 other rows ?!

Could someone help me explain this situation ? thank you 

kvngo94_1-1649639735247.png

I think the problem might be here : I don't want to make a new template by creating a new CSV file, so I use export CSV file and exported 3 rows, then I delete these data except headers to make a CSV template. If it's correct, please kindly educate me how to  solve this ! Thanks all

Solved Solved
0 6 296
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Google Spreadsheet's CSV export ignores all blank rows.

Excel apparently does not.

So you just have to establish how you create your CSV files correctly and stick to it. That is part of your testing after all.😁

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

When you display your CSV file in a text editor, make sure you do not see blank lines.

I cannot think of any other reason for now..

Even I chose all rows and click Delete ? 

I don't understand what you mean blank lines. Could you instruct me how to achieve a blank lines CSV file ?  thank you

I found that If I just choose and click delete data in rows I will face this issue

But if I actually delete the rows it works

I do not know exactly what your erroneous csv contained but I suspected that the file might look something like this in a text editor when you display newline code.

This is just a wild guess.

TeeSee1_0-1649663680618.png

You are correct, it looks just like what you mentioned

It's wild, I'm new to this, but do we always need to check in text editor ? is there any way to recognize this issue in excel / csv file ? 

kvngo94_0-1649680389858.png

Google Spreadsheet's CSV export ignores all blank rows.

Excel apparently does not.

So you just have to establish how you create your CSV files correctly and stick to it. That is part of your testing after all.😁

Top Labels in this Space