IN function doesn"t work

Hello there,

'm having problems using the IN function.

For some reason the function gives me the correct value in the TEST mode but in the actual column the appsheet does not give me the same value.

I tired to substitute the column in stead of the type value but result does not change 

Thanks in advance Screen Shot 2022-12-25 at 10.21.19 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-12-25 at 10.30.56 PM.png
Solved Solved
0 8 163
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

In the expression test mode, the values displayed for each column may be the  inputs to the expression evaluation (i.e., not the outputs), and an empty Y/N column resolves to false for purposes of various functions. I suggest confirm what value ends up in your actual data when using the app.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Could you elaborate what you mean by the following? The column type and values you are expecting.

@AndreaSangalli wrote:

appsheet does not give me the same value.

Screen Shot 2022-12-25 at 10.30.56 PM.png

I don't understand why i have TRUE in the test mode and FALSE in the column.

Could  you please share the screenshot of the [Email Check Scenario] column's expression screenshot?

This is the Expression for [Email Check Scenario]

In case it's relevant to your situation: If the Y/N column already had a value (e.g., "N") in each row in the data source, then revising the column's App formula expression won't affect those existing values. Rather, the revised App formula expression will only apply to a given when it's invoked for that row--e.g., when the row is edited, thus triggering recalculation of its columns.

i Went in test mode to investigate why the value doesn't match and this is what i found.

the column was empty when I start to test the expression

In the expression test mode, the values displayed for each column may be the  inputs to the expression evaluation (i.e., not the outputs), and an empty Y/N column resolves to false for purposes of various functions. I suggest confirm what value ends up in your actual data when using the app.

Thank you very much!!

Top Labels in this Space