INPUT() does not save records

Hello friends, does anyone know why INPUT() does not save the records? I am attacking the corresponding column.

Quantity Column
INPUT("Quantity","")
Inline Display
Attach to column [Quantity]
Only of this condition is true: [_THISROW].[Condition]="Editable"

Solved Solved
0 12 195
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

You probably have a required field that stops the save process totally.. even that field is not shown in your "Input" popup.

View solution in original post

When using INPUT() with action, it doesn't let you save it if you have another column (nothing to do with the INPUT()) that is required and blank. Remove all "Required" options from all columns and then test if that's the reason.

Do you have any column in that table, which is required?

12 REPLIES 12

You probably have a required field that stops the save process totally.. even that field is not shown in your "Input" popup.

First of all, good day @AleksiAlkio  and thank you for your prompt response.

The "Quantity" field is a field that is not required and is editable. I have removed the validity restrictions and the problem still persists. In addition, I have removed the visibility condition of the action, leaving it at true, and the problem still persists. The quantity field is of type number without any restrictions.

I'm going to try to completely delete the field and start from scratch.

When using INPUT() with action, it doesn't let you save it if you have another column (nothing to do with the INPUT()) that is required and blank. Remove all "Required" options from all columns and then test if that's the reason.

I have verified all the relationships, it turns out that there is no connection with another column involved in an underlying way with the column I mention. In fact, it deleted the column and created a new virgin without any prior configuration. It still doesn't work.

Do you have any column in that table, which is required?

I have removed all the required restrictions and it has worked. This is the solution and I am going to mark it but first I want to ask you something aleksi because it is evident that I should not remove "all" but only some required restrictions. I say this because in the other table in which I have an INPUT("","") running I have required columns and it is not an impediment.

What I interpret from what you tell me is that INPUT() will not work if within the table there are rows with required fields that are not meeting the condition. Sometimes when we are editing we create test rows and, as we progress, they are created, often without the restrictions that we ourselves give them (for example that a field is required). Then they go blank. When we create the action and they are left blank it may not work since we have not realized that the row has a field that has not been completed and is required. Maybe that's the root of the problem in the INPUT()... I'm just trying to find out why for future times, in case someone asks.

If the required column has a value, then it doesn't matter do you have them or not. If it's a required field, the column should be filled when the user filled the form in the first place. Then it should not be a problem. Though you could use a formula with the Required option and avoid this situation for example in a case if the field is removed from the form view.

Aleksi is right. 2 other points: Remove the "[_THISROW]." from your condition. And neither parameter of INPUT() is necessary if just using it for the pop-up modal, I always just use INPUT('','').

Hello @Marc_Dillon ! I have removed the [_THISROW] from the condition, in fact it is currently "true" to test and still gives no results. In fact, I have also tried to place INPUT(",") as you mention and it gives me the following error:

Function 'INPUT' should have exactly 2 parameters, the name of an input and a default value

I corrected this to make it work and left it like this: INPUT("","") and it doesn't work either.

I also have another column where it works and therefore I have duplicated it and now I have changed only the values that I need for it to be applied to the new column and I have designated the configuration in the view to be able to apply the action inline, without results .

@Gustavo_Eduardo wrote:

INPUT(",") as you mention and it gives me the following error:

Function 'INPUT' should have exactly 2 parameters, the name of an input and a default value

@Marc_Dillon wrote:

INPUT('','')

Sorry for the confusion, I used single quotes there. 2 single quotes, a comma, and 2 more single quotes.

Indeed, the problem occurs when there are required fields that have not been loaded in a row. Normally this happens when we are editing and testing. When the field is required and filled out from a form, loading a row should not be a problem since the forms would not be saved if the required fields are not filled out.

THANK YOU

You're welcome!

Top Labels in this Space