INPUT() not saving

I had too many action buttons on my app; each one set a row value to a different thing. For example:

Button 1: Set [Allocation] to 'here'

Button 2: Set [Allocation] to 'there'

It was way too cluttered so looked to combine it into one button that would allow the user to select the value for [Allocation]. Here's the action:

dhdevans_0-1677062792186.png

The expression is INPUT(Allocation,"Not claimed") which AppSheet very cleverly picks up as a Enum and gives a dropdown list of values. This is excellent stuff.

dhdevans_1-1677063080623.png

In the slice/view where [Allocation] is selected the record is then punted to another slice/view (from 'Unallocated' to 'Allocated' for concept reference). So, as soon as a value is selected in the dropdown here the record... disappears from view:

dhdevans_2-1677063113093.png

To add insult to injury the 'Save' button doesn't work. Clicking cancel and the record reappears in the view.

Any thoughts on why INPUT() isn't saving here?

Solved Solved
0 4 312
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hey @dhdevans ,
This link might be helpful for you.
Link 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hey @dhdevans ,
This link might be helpful for you.
Link 

Thanks Aman. To clarify, it was down to 'required' fields being hidden in my views, which the link helped.

Because there are so many fields required, conditionally, in this app it was a nightmare to work out which one was triggering.

I had my data source open in one tab, Appsheet editor with field list in the other and just went through it one by one. Meticulous, boring, but solved the issue.

I’m running into this same issue, but only have two required fields, and if I remove the required flag it still won’t save. I know there is work happening on this function, but I’m totally stuck.

Top Labels in this Space