INPUT() selection from REF values

As is my nature, I read things in these forums and quickly go try something then often clean up a while later only to find that I then forget how I did something. I am sure I did this but now cannot recreate it โ€ฆ

I have a column and I am using a behavior to set the value of that column using INPUT(). I thought I had managed to find a way to produce a drop down list as the INPUT using a list of Project Names from another table. The column in question is a REF to that Project table.

Is this possible? I thought it was.

Solved Solved
0 2 516
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

If the understanding of your question is correct , yes, it is possible.

Please simply define the INPUT() function in the action on that reference column and the entire list of available options is shown.

In the action below โ€œProduct IDโ€ is the reference column in the โ€œOrder Detailsโ€ view that references the Products table.

The input action is simply defined as
INPUT(โ€œProduct IDโ€, โ€œAppleโ€)

The result is as shown below. The products list pops with an initial value and expands to include all products from the referenced table.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

If the understanding of your question is correct , yes, it is possible.

Please simply define the INPUT() function in the action on that reference column and the entire list of available options is shown.

In the action below โ€œProduct IDโ€ is the reference column in the โ€œOrder Detailsโ€ view that references the Products table.

The input action is simply defined as
INPUT(โ€œProduct IDโ€, โ€œAppleโ€)

The result is as shown below. The products list pops with an initial value and expands to include all products from the referenced table.

Many thanks. That was indeed the answer

Top Labels in this Space