IS LOOKUP FUNCTION THE BEST OPTION HERE?

I'm trying to populate a price for a piece of rental equipment based on the piece of equipment chosen.  I have a parent table where the main customer detail is stored.  I then have a nested childs table that shows add-on costs for equipment rental - there can be multiple rentals per job.  I've been able to manually add those amounts but wanted to create a Lookup table to choose from a dropdown menu.  I followed the instructions in this example because it seemed most relevant (that I could find): https://www.appsheet.com/template/appdef?appId=LookupTable-71626&appName=LookupTable-71626#Data.Colu...   I was able to get the drop down to choose the correct piece of equipment, but the associated price for that equipment will not populate on my table.   What am I missing?   The value of the first piece of equipment listed in my table automatically populates when I go into my form and it doesn't update when I choose the equipment.  I have to manually input the price.

I've added a screen shot of my data - not sure if this is helpful but I'm stuck.  TIA.

TemperanceU_1-1707160948484.png

0 2 70
2 REPLIES 2

Yes, LOOKUP should be perfectly fine here,

You haven't shown the full lookup function but I can see enough to say that the first parameter needs to have the [_THISROW] qualifier on it.  It would be like this:

LOOKUP([_THISROW].[Add on],...

Thank you! That did it!

Top Labels in this Space