Ideas to build an app that's similar to a judge scoring card

Hello everyone!

I was wondering if anyone can advise if it is possible to create something almost similar to this? https://apps.apple.com/us/app/boxing-scores/id959778826

I am trying to create something that will ideally have 3 different judges scoring a boxing match in real time and the final winner can be known immediately once the final bell goes off.

All suggestions much appreciated, thank you!!

Kind regards,
Sophia

0 10 1,714
10 REPLIES 10

@hellosophia
Not exactly with the same UI/UX but you can create an app with the same functionality with AppSheet. @Aleksi is also coaching Finnish National Volleyball team for long years and he had created many sports app like this. I believe he can give great insights to you on this.

@hellosophia Yes it’s possible. The basic data is very simple in here… bigger question is are you able to find such an UX that would fit your requirements.

Hello @Aleksi please forgive me as I am really not into data language. I will think UX means design…?? If so, it doesn’t have to be the exact same design. When you said it is possible, could you help to provide insight as to how I can start to get it done? Thank you!

I’m not familiar with boxing… would you please open the score system a little, thanks.

Hi @Aleksi sorry for the really late reply! I was in China for work and the VPN was intermittent.

Anyway, the scoring system that I am looking at is similar to this https://apps.apple.com/us/app/boxing-scores/id959778826 - there are screenshots.

I am not planning on doing a boxing score system but something almost similar.

So for example, because it’s a 10 point system - I will want to show ATHLETE A vs ATHLETE B… then the scoring is between 8-10 (because you cannot score less than 😎 and then it auto adds up after every round. The competition is either in 3 rounds or 5 rounds.

There are 3 judges so each judge has to input either 8,9 or 10 for both ATHLETE A and ATHLETE B.

Then at the end of 3 rounds (or 5 rounds), I am able to see what the final scores are for each athlete. I will also be able to see what each judge scored for each of them in every round.

Sorry if this is confusing, but if there is something that you need me to do so that you can understand better please do let me know. Or if there is a similar sports app that you have created; perhaps I could refer to that and see how it can help with what I am trying to do?

Look forward to hearing back from you.

Thank you again.

Interesting case… let me create a sample app if someone would like to build something similar.

Check the sample app “Boxing” from here… https://www.appsheet.com/portfolio/531778

I hope I understood the scoring system

Hello @Aleksi thank you so much! I briefly looked through and it really seems interesting what AppSheet is capable of doing! I am going to try and play around with it later in the day and see how it goes. Will keep you updated. Thanks heaps again!

You’re welcome

Top Labels in this Space