Ignore require sign in for embedded view emails

Hi,

My app is a device inventory managemnt system. I have a 'workflow' in it where, when a device is assigned to a different/new staff member, it sends them an embedded email view to basically agrees to terms and conditions of the loan.

My problem is that, for the users that don't have access to the app (everyone apart from my IT team), it requires them to sign in. I'd love to be able, for the bot that handles this to just say ignore the require sign in, but that isn't possible.

Have any of you had a similar scenario? How did/would you get around this? My first thought was to remove require sign in and add a metric tonne of security filters. I just don't trust that that will be maintained properly. Also I'd need to publish my app publicly and pay for pusblisher pro ๐Ÿ˜ž.

Let me know! Thanks in advance!

Solved Solved
0 3 205
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

If you'd be content with collecting user information and consent without verifying the user, then you could send them links to a Google Form instead. Let your app read data from the sheet generated by this form. 

View solution in original post

That's actually a good idea.

I decided over the weekend though to create a whole new app for user's as per this guide: https://support.google.com/appsheet/answer/10104696. That way I can apply security filters to give user's a fuller experience and access to more of their own info without sacrificing security. What do you think?

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

If you'd be content with collecting user information and consent without verifying the user, then you could send them links to a Google Form instead. Let your app read data from the sheet generated by this form. 

That's actually a good idea.

I decided over the weekend though to create a whole new app for user's as per this guide: https://support.google.com/appsheet/answer/10104696. That way I can apply security filters to give user's a fuller experience and access to more of their own info without sacrificing security. What do you think?

Very good!

Top Labels in this Space