Image autofill based on dropdown

Hi everyone. Is it possible to have an image autofill based on the selection of a previous dropdown?

For my inventory app it is possible to add a new [product description] or select from a dropdown list based on previous entries. So I would like the image field to autofill if  a user selects a product that has already been added to the inventory. The images are stored in a folder that was created by appsheet. Or even present a list of dropdown images.

1 4 283
  • UX
4 REPLIES 4

You can use [Initial Value] in the image section to pull the image wherever it is. If the question is not about this, please read below. 

I am not sure, if you want to copy record from product table again to product table? If, yes below is the answer.

So, let's assume you have a table "Products". You have [Product Code] - Key column,[Product Name], [Description], [Image] as fields. 

You want to create another product with same image but with different [Product Name] & [Description].

For this, you can create an action which says: 

Data: add a new row to another table using values from this table.

For a record of this table: [Products]

Table to add to: [Products]

Set these columns: 

[Product Code] -> UniqueID()

[Product Name]->CONCATENATE("New ",[_ThisRow].[Product Name])

[Product Image]->[_ThisRow].[Product Image]

With this, another row will be created in Products table with the same image and the product name will be starting with "New" + Old product name. Change the product name and description.

You can also try an app level action, which is "Copy this row and edit the copy"

Regards, 

Srikanth. 

Thank you for your response. I think the first part may hold the solution but I'm not sure how to enter it. My logic in plain text is: if the new record (eg. Record X) [PRODUCT DESCRIPTION] matches a previous value in the column (eg. Record C) then [INITIAL VALUE(Record X)] should point to the image already recorded for Record C.

You may try this in the initial value of the image column

ANY(select(product[image],TRIM(UPPER([Product description]))=TRIM(UPPER([_ThisRow].[Product description])))

The only challenge with the above is: 

Product description shall exact match - no near matches can be possible. 

TRIM - trims the spaces before and after the Product description

UPPER - compares with same case on both sides 

Regards, 

Srikanth.

Thank you for your assistance.

Top Labels in this Space