Images in Sharepoint Folder Other than with the Source Sheet

Hi,

I understand that when you upload an image in Appsheet, the location is relative to the spreadsheet.  I have a folder on a Sharepoint site with the spreadsheet, but I'd like images uploaded from the app to be in a different folder on the same Sharepoint site.  I can archive email attachments and reports by setting the default path for the App to a Sharepoint folder using the Sharpoint ID as described here: https://help.appsheet.com/en/articles/3383767-email-attachment-file-archiving-to-microsoft-sharepoin... .

However, I'm not able to do the same with Images uploaded from the app.  Is this not able to be done, or am I missing something in how to set the path for an image and not be relative to the spreadsheet?

@Steve 

Thanks!

Solved Solved
0 4 408
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@SmartsheetGuru wrote:

Is it possible to use the relative path to place uploads in a directly above the spreadsheet?

Nope.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Uploads are always relative to the spreadsheet.

Steve,

Thanks for the confirmation.  Is it possible to use the relative path to place uploads in a directly above the spreadsheet?

Example:

myspreadhseet.xlsx is located in folder DATA.  Is it possible to have a folder above DATA say, PHOTOS/DATA and then place photos in the PHOTO directory on Sharepoint?  I tried using ../ in the image column path in the data table, but it didn't like that 🙂 

So, the situation is: PHOTOS/DATA/myspreadhseet.xlsx

I'd like to put uploads in the directly above DATA that is, in the PHOTOS directory in this example path.

@SmartsheetGuru wrote:

Is it possible to use the relative path to place uploads in a directly above the spreadsheet?

Nope.

Bummer.  ok.  Thanks for confirming this, as I thought I could do it somehow. haha.  No more wasting time trying something that won't work 😉

Top Labels in this Space