Immediate Attention required: Fail to update tabs when navigating from Dashboard view to another

Hello everyone.

I notice that my app couldn't update views when switching from a dashboard view to another example: if a dashboard view called A and contains xyz tabs when going to dashboard B with tabs x'y'z' tabs it just keeps previous tabs I mean xyz until click one of them this way only it changes to x'y'b' tabs that actually belongs to dashboard B. Why? Is this a bug? I don't know.

@lizlynch @Arthur_Rallu 

Help!!

Solved Solved
0 9 294
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello, thanks for reporting this. We are doing some code cleanups which have affected Dashboard Tabs, but we just ramped down the changes so you should no longer be seeing this issue!

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

If I understand correctly, you have 2 Dashboards each with a different set of tabs.  Yet when you attempt to switch from Dashboard1 to Dashboard2, the set of tabs do not change.

Since you are referring to tabs in a Dashboard, I assume you are seeing this problem on a mobile/phone device (i.e. not Desktop)

If all this above is accurate then this would be a MAJOR issue for many people.  However, there have been no complaints by any other App Creators...so I have to assume there is something unique about your implementation that is causing the problem you are describing.

Could you please provide more details?  Images showing the issue or, even better, a short video.   The view descriptions of the Dashboards might help as well.

Hi @WillowMobileSys thanks for your reply.

The issue is noticed from two other different users check the following link for more clarifications : First user complaint (this match exactly my case)

Another user complaint:

Screenshot_20230620_134704_Chrome.jpg

โ€ƒ

I see.  Sometimes the previous posts don't get enough attention and get buried.  Ideally, everyone with the same issue would respond on the same post thread keeping that thread at the top of list.

This is definitely an issue, I believe to be a bug,  that should be reported to AppSheet Support for immediate correction.   You and everyone else experiencing the problem need to contact support so they know it is a widespread problem.

@jblusabia_psy2  @kevinhtre  @Deerk 

Yeah, that's definitely what should be done.

The other thing that's weird is that no one from appsheet's team reacted with the issue ๐Ÿค” 

It's for sure broken and happens to me with increased frequency so I have started to move away from using dashboard views with tabs to other forms of navigation.

@ThisIsIdrees wrote:

The other thing that's weird is that no one from appsheet's team reacted with the issue

Not really.  This is a Community Forum not an AppSheet Support site.   While some AppSheet staff visit the Community and monitor certain threads, they are not actively watching the Community for issues.  Even then, if they do see an issue, they may not know the full scope and simply deem it as something the Community can rectify.

To truly get AppSheet Support involved, a ticket needs to be opened.  Responses have improved dramatically over the past year.  Correct conclusions on actions needed still leave a little to be desired but are getting better.

@kevinhtre wrote:

It's for sure broken and happens to me with increased frequency so I have started to move away from using dashboard views with tabs to other forms of navigation.

That's fine if you must workaround it as a temporary solution.  But this is an obvious problem that needs fixed.  Reporting it to AppSheet helps everyone.  Please open a ticket.

Hello, thanks for reporting this. We are doing some code cleanups which have affected Dashboard Tabs, but we just ramped down the changes so you should no longer be seeing this issue!

thanks @amyplin for your reply.

I have just checked my app and it works just as it should be.

I do appreciate your efforts.

Top Labels in this Space