Import CSV does not work on Decimals?

Hello team, 

Would like to create an app that can import transaction data (CSV) from 3rd Party services. Seperator for the CSV file is semicolon and I selected "de-De (Germany)"  as CSV locale. Upon testing the upload/import, I notice that the app does not recognized the decimals. I tried to change the data type to "text" then it works.  Is there big implication on the app if I just put it that way?  Or Is there other workaround or CSV locale that I need to check. 
Thank you for the response everyone. Ive attached some visuals for reference. 

AngeloParana_0-1665733119444.png

AngeloParana_1-1665733234860.png

Solved Solved
0 4 313
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello @Suvrutt_Gurjar tried your workaround but doesn't work. 

I experiment on several CSV File locale and "Ireland" selection do the job. It's now working 🙂

AngeloParana_0-1665807366035.png

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

In general , you may not have problem just by setting the amount field as text type. However if you are using that field in calculations somewhere, you will again need to type cast that field back to decimal type as calculations will happen only on numeric fields ( number, decimal, price) and not on text fields.

You may want to check what is the setting of the [Amount] field in the data source? 

Hello @Suvrutt_Gurjar  Thank you for your prompt response. Yes for sure, I will be using the Amount field for several calculations. As of the datasource settings. The data is being uploaded on google spreadsheet. What you mean to say is to format column there

By format I mean the data type of the column cells in the spreadsheet as shown below.

Suvrutt_Gurjar_0-1665745946889.png

Please try setting [Amount] to plain text and in the app as price with two decimal digits.

Please see if the CSV import works as desired.

Hello @Suvrutt_Gurjar tried your workaround but doesn't work. 

I experiment on several CSV File locale and "Ireland" selection do the job. It's now working 🙂

AngeloParana_0-1665807366035.png

Top Labels in this Space