Import CSV file Icon not appearing

Hi,

I have previously used the import csv file action which works fine but I can't get the Import csvg file icon to show on my main table. It works on another table fro orders but not my main one. It just doesnt appear.

Thanks

Phil

Solved Solved
0 4 113
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Confirm if you didnโ€™t already these basic details that Iโ€™ve observed I sometimes overlook:

• Action is actually defined for the table
  • Action is associated to any pertinent slice 
  • Actionโ€™s condition property is true for the situation where you need it to appear
  • Table/slice permissions allow adds

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Adds and Updates are selected for the table

Confirm if you didnโ€™t already these basic details that Iโ€™ve observed I sometimes overlook:

• Action is actually defined for the table
  • Action is associated to any pertinent slice 
  • Actionโ€™s condition property is true for the situation where you need it to appear
  • Table/slice permissions allow adds

You're right - I hadn't defined the slice as being able to use the action.

Solved 

thank you

I now encountered this exact problem myself. In case others land here looking for info, an additional detail to confirm specifically with regard to the Import CSV file action is that the table or slice allows Updates--not just Adds. I created the action for a table that allowed Adds but not Updates, and the action wouldn't appear. As soon as I changed the table permission to allow Updates, the action appeared.

It's certainly logical that since the action can process updates to existing rows it's not permitted on a table that doesn't allow Updates. Even better would be if the action were permitted but only processed Adds and Updates as permitted by the table permission. I added this point to the existing feature idea, More control over csv import action.

Top Labels in this Space