Import a google sheet table into the Appsheet database

Hello everyone, does anyone know if it is possible to import a google sheet table into the Appsheet database? I mean, import into an existing database, a google sheet table

Thank you for your answers.

0 8 1,131
8 REPLIES 8

AFAIK, no--although it's possible to create a new database from a Sheets spreadsheet.

I suggest ask in the announcement thread for this preview feature:  Introducing new AppSheet database feature in publi... - Google Cloud Community

Hi @dbaum 

It has given me the following error:

Do you know anything about this?

Hi Aurelien, I tried to do this but it gives me the following error:

Aurelien
Google Developer Expert
Google Developer Expert

Hi @Gustavo_Eduardo 

If you already have the Sheets as a datasource for your app, you can use this:

Aurelien_0-1673414486046.png

Aurelien_1-1673414538513.png

Hi @Aurelien , I tried to do this but it gives me the following error:

Error while copying table to google_tables (Google Tables): {"method":"POST","url":"/api/template/copyAppTable","source":{"src":"fetch","response":{},"text":"{\"Message\":\"An error has occurred.\"}","json":{"Message":"An error has occurred."}},"status":500,"statusText":"","responseText":"{\"Message\":\"An error has occurred.\"}","responseJSON":{"Message":"An error has occurred."},"name":"r"}

It should not have. 

May I suggest to contact the support for this?

Also, I tag @ShirleyN for attention.

Yes of course, in fact, I have noticed that the Ref type columns cannot be labels in the appsheet database, with which I have decided to create a text type, in the same way this error occurs. I appreciate your interest @Aurelien 

Perfect @dbaum , now I check there, for the record. Regards.

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

AppSheet Database is currently a preview feature and under active development. Preview features are not yet suitable for use in important apps. Until it has achieved greater stability, I recommend against using this preview feature except for testing and to help the AppSheet developers in their efforts. To follow the progress of and contribute to the development effort, please visit this dedicated Community topic:

Introducing new AppSheet database feature ...

Top Labels in this Space