Import and export bugs

Hello.

I have a question about importing and exporting CSV.
Both tables use spreadsheets.

- Import
Both were imported even though the CSV has duplicate keys. I couldn't manually enter the same key I imported in CSV from AppSheet.
- Export
If the column has a Show_if expression, the export data will be empty.

Is there a solution to the problem?

Solved Solved
0 6 220
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Yes you can try it with existing tables and slice. For example the show_if condition is CONTEXT("View") = "Department"  which means you would not like the column to be available in views other than "Department" 

So instead of show if condition, if it is possible,  please define the column order of other views excluding that column.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Can you please elaborate more on the below

- Export
If the column has a Show_if expression, the export data will be empty.

May we  know, what kind of  Show_if expression the app have got.

@Suvrutt_Gurjar 

Thank you for your reply.

Show_id expression is below,

CONTEXT("View") = "Department"

Thank you for the details. Instead of controlling a column's display through show_if, could you try the below mentioned approach?

Instead of showing or not showing the column in a view through show_if , could you try to remove the column from the views where you do not want it by removing from the column order in the view BUT retaining it in the underlying slice or table?

With this approach, could you check if you retain the column in the CSV export?

Then the CSV can be exported, but the number of slices for input, slices for export and slices will be doubled.
Since this app consists of 20 tables, I would like to realize it with the same table or slice as much as possible, but is it difficult?

Yes you can try it with existing tables and slice. For example the show_if condition is CONTEXT("View") = "Department"  which means you would not like the column to be available in views other than "Department" 

So instead of show if condition, if it is possible,  please define the column order of other views excluding that column.

Thank you for the advice.
After trying, some tables seem to fit with your ideas.
However, it is necessary to consider more because the display / non-display columns according to the user's authority will be affected even if they are separated by Slice.
I will try to show / hide by user authority with Editable instead of Show_if.

Top Labels in this Space