Improve the performance of expressions

I have an app to control the entry of materials in my warehouse, so among the things he does, is control the status of each pallet, for example, if the pallet is in transit to my store, or the pallet is in the store, or if the pallet was already collected, the formula counts how many pallets are found in each status. 

The problem is that I have a lot the virtual columns with many types of formulas and some impact on the performance. for example this expression there is a way to change to another? 

i already create the reference between a tables

daniel_sanchez_1-1660062787947.png

Solved Solved
0 6 198
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

There may be opportunities for simplification using techniques like Build list dereferences - AppSheet Help.

One detail you can address easily is to remove the superfluous LIST wrapping function. The SELECT function itself returns a list and since you're not combining that result with another list, there's no need to embed it within the LIST function.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

There may be opportunities for simplification using techniques like Build list dereferences - AppSheet Help.

One detail you can address easily is to remove the superfluous LIST wrapping function. The SELECT function itself returns a list and since you're not combining that result with another list, there's no need to embed it within the LIST function.

In fact.... it's actually probly causing some problems you're unaware of.

Technically, you're building a "list of lists" - which is hard to handle in certain scenarios.  Most of the time, the list will fall into working... but technically, the value you have is the wrong type.  It's rare edge cases that this would come back and haunt you, but they're there and best to be avoided.

Thank you I am trying this that you tell me to understand how to create that formula without the LIST.  On the other hand, I don't understand why even though I have already done what build list dereferences , I did it but when it should appear the result does not happen.

The list dereference technique may not apply in your situation. @MultiTech or others more experienced with that technique may be able to suggest whether it's potentially applicable.

Regardless, if you remove the LIST function from your expression in your original post, do you get the results you need?

Daniel, solo por curiosidad. De dรณnde eres?

De Mexico, aun que mi trabajo esta en Estados Unidos, todos los dias  cruzo la frontera ๐Ÿ˜…. Trabajo en una bodega  Freight Forwarder.  Saludos!

Top Labels in this Space