In-App Link to Actual Data Table?

Hey there!

I’m working on an Incident Reporting app for employees to report safety hazards they encounter on job sites. I have included the ability for users to export a single incident (row) out to a PDF that gets emailed to them, but some admins want the ability to see the underlying data table in full for the purpose of aggregate reporting.

Is there a way to have a link/button in the app that takes you to the actual Google Sheet the app is running off of? Alternatively, is there a way to export a copy of the entire table to a user?

(I recognize the data integrity concerns about take a user to the data source, but this would only be for one or two trusted back office people. If I can’t do it in-app, I’ll have to just share the table with them through Google, but I was hoping there could be an in-app button just to cut out a step)

Solved Solved
0 3 163
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Sure! Add a(n optionally virtual) column of type Show, with an App formula of "", a Category of Url, and a Content value of the URL of the sheet, enclosed in quotes, You may want a Show? expression that hides the column for all but the select users that should see it.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hi Phil,

You could use View_if to discretice who’s able to see your information and then set a robot in order to send a email using templates and show all rows to an spesific user.

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Sure! Add a(n optionally virtual) column of type Show, with an App formula of "", a Category of Url, and a Content value of the URL of the sheet, enclosed in quotes, You may want a Show? expression that hides the column for all but the select users that should see it.

This did the trick, thank you!

Top Labels in this Space