In-Line Table View Now Stuck As Map View

Hi,

I have an inline view that was previously working great as a table and now, for some reason, changed to a map view. In this image you can see a different inline table working as it should, but the bottom REF should also be a table…Anyone else experience this?

I didn’t change anything in the settings, so I am perplexed…

Solved Solved
0 3 116
  • UX
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

There is no app-creator option for which view shows as the inline view. There is a feature request for exactly that though.

Also, the first reply, by Fabian, to the above thread has a lot of linked info about what you’re seeing.

Basically, the system chooses which view to use as the inline view. It chooses from all ref-prominence views, and greater priority is given to a map view over a table view.

So a quick fix is to just move your map view to menu prominence.

A better solution is to create a slice for new views, so that they don’t override the inline view.

Read the linked info for more details.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

There is no app-creator option for which view shows as the inline view. There is a feature request for exactly that though.

Also, the first reply, by Fabian, to the above thread has a lot of linked info about what you’re seeing.

Basically, the system chooses which view to use as the inline view. It chooses from all ref-prominence views, and greater priority is given to a map view over a table view.

So a quick fix is to just move your map view to menu prominence.

A better solution is to create a slice for new views, so that they don’t override the inline view.

Read the linked info for more details.

What @Marc said above.

However, you are probably wondering why you are seeing a Map but the View you THINK is showing is a Table. More than likely you are not seeing the view you think you are.

To determine what view you ARE seeing, do this:

Below the Map, tap the View button (see image) to expand the map to fullscreen

Note the view name (see image). If it is a name other than “default”, you can tap on the View name to go to that view. If it is a system generated view, you will need to have the “show system views” option on (which it looks like you do above)

Thanks @Marc_Dillon and @WillowMobileSystems.

That is all good to know! I was able to fix it by creating a slice. Back on track!

Thanks again.

Top Labels in this Space