In the case of using Mysql datasource, what should be used as storage, should I use MYISAM o InnoDB?

In the case of using Mysql/Mariadb, as a datasource with MYISAM or InnoDB Engine, I have a customer order management app, where we will have FACT-type tables, where about 300 records are generated daily (DETAIL-ORDER), which is 9000 month, 108,000 per year with about 10 interactive users, inserting, modifying and consulting and deleting records. Questions 1) Which will be the most convenient DB engine, MYISAM or INNODB?, 2) Does MYISAM or INNODB affect the size of the data exchange file with Appsheet's internal DB, since I always see Appsheet generates the Mysql/MariaDB DB with "MYISAM" engine, but I don't know whether to change it to INNODB, since we know that InnoDB in some cases doubles or even triples the physical size of the DB on the Server, due to the generation of internal foreign key control structures, and others internal elements and required by InnoDB. @Steve @Marc_Dillon 

2 3 117
3 REPLIES 3

I don't know.

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

The engine used for your database tables plays no role in the app at all. Choose whichever you prefer.

AppSheet uses MyISAM simply because it is a simple engine and is available on all implementations.

Thanks Steve, your answer is very clear, I assumed something about that, but it was better to have the clarification of the experts. Thank you very much.

Top Labels in this Space