Inconsistent loading times. Feeling underprioritized

Wish premium was a bit more “premium”.

Loading time is very inconsistent, and goes from ok to pretty bad, half of the time pretty bad, and I’ve optimized everything. I’ve stripped down everything to bare minimum.

I’d venture to say the experience is the same as the “free” version.

We pay now 250 dollars a month for appsheet, the same amount as for Gsuite and to be honest I expect a bit more.

I’ve contacted support, and talked with some nice people there, but the core issue (as I see it), inconsistency, wasn’t adressed.

Sorry for the rant, but I get a lot of negative feedback from users because of this.

Loading times example:

3 2 211
  • UX
2 REPLIES 2

I can understand the frustration, one of my clients is a tele-heath provider whos users are using donated computers (read: DELL piece of…) at hospitals and such.

Some of the load time depends greatly on the DEVICE and it’s resources. One of the largest problems I have with that client is that they want all sorts of “intelligence” and smart things (all of which cost computations), but their users are working on computers that - quite frankly - can’t handle it.

I build things out for them, works fine on my computer and on everything we test on. But as soon as it gets to the ACTUAL devices running the app - SCREEEEETCHHHH

I would venture to say that is what’s causing the difference in load times from 10 - 20 seconds.

That 249 is obviously something that got stuck… same maybe for the 46.

One thing to note: AppSheet is designed entirely around preserving the data that’s been entered. If it looks like a sync has gotten stuck, you can hit the cancel button.

• It’s not going to cancel your data. No way.

But it will stop the current “thing” that the app is focusing on; from there you can simply restart the sync process. I find this usually helps.

Pro Tip: If you don’t see the progress bar during a sync, cancel and start again

Thank you for the reply MultiTech_Visions!

It is sadly not consistent at all even on the same device during the day. Or in browser on a state of the art pc with a fast connection. I’ve done tests on the same devices (both my pc and android) And the inconsistency is there.

I’m beginning to wonder if the problem lies with that the allocated threads (2) in appsheet premium are too few for a normal application that has more than 2 sheets, combined with google sheet’s own varying response times.

I would love to be able to test if an increase in thread count would solve the problem, but I do not know if that is possible without having to pay twice the price. (Which will of course not go well with the administration)

Top Labels in this Space