Individual improvement overview

Hello,

This is the second time i try to create some tooling in Appsheet but i am not very good at it...

I try to create an Appsheet which will help me to track individual improvements for different players in different soccer matches.

I want to be able to press a counter button per person, per improvement during a certain match. So i get an overview of 'mistakes' a certain player made during that match (ultimate i want to be able to analyse the data between matches, but thats for the next fase)

For this i created a Players, Match and improvements tabel, but i am really struggeling to connect it and i am not sure how to implement the counter part?

Can someone share some thoughts about this and how i should proceed (and is my innitial approche correct?

Thanks in advance.

0 3 50
3 REPLIES 3

@JJ1234 wrote:

and is my innitial approche correct?

When it comes to conceptual approaches to any problem, it is very difficult for anyone here in AppSheet, without in-depth knowledge of what you are trying to achieve, to say that your conceptual approach is good or bad.  The WAY in which you get your results is typically the "magic sauce" that differentiates your method from everyone elses.

We can certainly comment on the AppSheet approach you take to reach your conceptual goal.

Based on your description, I am guessing that you want to track "mistakes" for all players in the match?  For that I would construct a Table view the shows all participating players AND has an Inline Button next each player that when you tap it, the count of "mistakes" is increased.

This of course is a high-level idea.  You need to first have your list of players in the Players table.  Then list of Matches in the Matches table.  You probably need a Teams table and then an ability to select which players are playing for Team in each Match.  You can then view the Match participating players and this is where I would show it as a Table view with the Inline button.

When you tap the button, it adds the "Improvements" row for THAT Player in THAT Match.  Each additional time you tap the button, it find the corresponding "Improvements" row and updates it - i.e. bumps the "mistake" count by 1.

If you are just beginning, there are somethings you need to get familiar with and figure out before you can build the Inline Button functionality.  If you don't have the time or just don't want to spend the time, then I recommend finding or hiring someone who can help you get things up and running quickly.

Hi Willow,

Thank you very much for your reply. I understand that's difficult to answer questions like mine but your guess is spot on. 

I also want to add different improvements but I can figure that out later.

Your table suggestions are pretty similar with my Idea. The button is something I will look into.

Hiring is always an option but everyone was a beginner once and I need to start somewhere ๐Ÿ™‚

Thanks again!

@JJ1234 wrote:

Hiring is always an option but everyone was a beginner once and I need to start somewhere

I certainly encourage you to learn and build the app on your own.  Just know it will take time.  I only mentioned the hiring part in case you were in a hurry to get an app up and running.  Some post here in a panic and MUST get an app quickly.  

Top Labels in this Space