Initial Value Error Bug

Hi, I encountered some problem with the initial value. I have set a formula in the initial value as shown below.

However, after setting the initial value, the “Received Quantity” shown in the preview app and mobile app is not reflecting anything based on the formula set in the initial value.
3X_a_3_a33fbb61f6270abb2c566cd7dad1d2e00a70eac8.png
I have tried to put the formula in the app formula and it works. However, I want it to be editable thus putting it in the app formula will not be feasible.

Can somebody advise me on this?

0 8 158
8 REPLIES 8

Firstly I think just [Stk Qty] should be fine. You shouldn’t need [_ThisRow]

Secondly you need to look at what the initial value of [Stk Qty] is. If there isn’t one then this is your issue

Hi Simon, thank you for replying and rendering help.
I have changed the formula in initial value of “Received Quantity” into [Stk Qty]. However, it is still not showing based on what is shown in the [Stk Qty] column. (see below image)
To give more information about for my [Stk Qty] column, I only have a formula in the app formula.
3X_d_1_d113a36906bfb4f4f63868f866435d4ff248c4a2.png

Is there anything that I set wrongly?

What formula / initial values are you using for [Stk Qty]?

simple calculation to multiply some columns tgt

Send screenshot

3X_1_c_1cfd49c2fb27ad5db2876d351e59cf80340d533d.png

So if this formula is blank when you create a record then [Received Quantity] will also be blank. If you subsequently change anything to make [Received Quantity] not blank, then it will not update as its set as an inital value. So if never need to manually set [Received Quantity] then change it over to an App Formula. If you do need to sometimes manually set [Received Quantity] then keep the inital value but turn on Reset on Edit. Note that Reset on Edit might need its own formula otherwise it resets on every change

Sorry Simon, I would like to clarify on what you have said.
Since I mentioned that I want “Received Quantity” to be editable thus putting it in the app formula will not be feasible. You are advising me to keep the initial value but turn on Reset on Edit. If I were to do that, how can I proceed? I am not quite sure on how to use Reset on Edit.

However, the issue here is that the formula set in the initial value is not showing on the app even though there is value in “Stk Qty”. I just want the value to appear in “Received Quantity” column.

Top Labels in this Space