Initial Value reference depending of User input

Hi, i wonder how to achive this. The thing goes like this...
I have a table with a Price column, and in the Payment column, i want to set as initial value, the value of Price column, that the user is entering in the very moment when it completes the form.  How i would do that? thanks!

0 2 128
2 REPLIES 2

There needs to be a way to "lookup" the Price.  You haven't offered much in the way of description of how you already have things setup.  So I'll make some assumptions

I'll Assume that you have a Products table that not only has info about the Product but also has a Price column.

Let's say you have an Order form in which you choose the Product to order and now you want to show in the Payment column the associated Price.

If you have added the Product column in your Orders table/form and set it as  a REF column type, then one you have selected the Product, you can ALSO retrieve the Price of that Product by using this expression:

[Product].[Price]

Alternatively, you can lookup the Price using a LOOKUP() function.  It would be something like this:

LOOKUP([_THISROW].[Product], "Products", "Product", "Price")

These expressions would be entered either in the App Formula or Initial Value property of your Payment column.

Hi there, thanks for taking your time to reply my post. 
Your usefull informatation makes me think about the design and the references of the tables, wich i guess is wrong, hehe... i will check that out.
Many thanks!

Top Labels in this Space