Initial value changes based on filtered view (Group by)

Hello, Community!

I'm encountering an issue where the initial value for a column "Task Status" in my app, set as "To Do", changes based on the current filtered view. For instance, if I'm viewing tasks filtered by the status "Done" and then create a new task, the new task's status defaults to "Done" instead of "To Do". I'm looking for insights or solutions to ensure the initial value remains as set, regardless of the filtered view. Has anyone faced a similar issue or has suggestions on how to address this? Thank you in advance!

Screenshot 2024-03-28 221617.png

Screenshot 2024-03-28 221941.png

Solved Solved
0 3 83
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Rather than using 'Add' to go to the form, can you create a LINKTOVIEW() action that goes to the Add form and use that instead? I am thinking that since that way you will be accessing the form through a link, it help remove in context appsheet is storing. Or you could use a LINKTOFORM() and have the value of your [Task Status] default to "To Do"

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hola,

Supongo que esas vistas filtradas que usas las haces usando los 'slices'. Supongo que si le das un valor inicial a esa columna ya no deberias tener ese problema.

Captura.PNG

Hola,

No I didn't use a slice, I just gave the initial value "To Do" like in your image. Then is just a view type deck grouped by Task Type and then by Task Status.

The problem is that I want to hide the status column from the form view because I want every new task to have the initial value To Do, but since I encounter this issue, I need to leave it in the form view. No idea how to disable this...

Rather than using 'Add' to go to the form, can you create a LINKTOVIEW() action that goes to the Add form and use that instead? I am thinking that since that way you will be accessing the form through a link, it help remove in context appsheet is storing. Or you could use a LINKTOFORM() and have the value of your [Task Status] default to "To Do"

Top Labels in this Space