Initial value for drawing a capture of google maps satellite

I'm making an App for drivers in our fleet to leave notes about customers for each other.  I was wondering if there was a way to capture a frame from google maps based on the Lat/Long of a location (kind of like how appsheet does this in the Card view header but with a satellite image).  Then to use that as the initial value for a drawing column for that location.  That way drivers can draw paths into locations and circle buildings to deliver to.  I know how to set an initial value for the Drawing but was wondering if anyone had any insight into generating this satellite snapshot. Thanks

0 2 173
2 REPLIES 2

It sounds that you are trying to capture a static image of the map for a certain area around a given latlong value. This image you would like to display as a background image in a drawing type column.

I believe that is currently not natively possible in AppSheet to capture an initial image in a drawing column based on given lat long values.

However you could try to use a small Google AppS Script based bot that uses Google's map service Google Apps Script- Maps Service 

to create a PNG image that loads as an initial value image in the drawing type column.

That’s exactly what I was looking for!  Thank you I’ll check that out

Top Labels in this Space