Initial value with IF() doesn't see selected variant of ENUM from another column

Hi! I need to get an initial value based on another column, which has an ENUM type

Here is the formula, (it is in the Auto compute - initial formula field) that doesn't give a result : IF([DOVIZ]="$", [TOPLAM $] , 0)

There are four items in [DOVİZ] - $, €, TL, RUB. They are represented by buttons in the app, so I can choose one. When I press the button $ in [DOVIZ], I want to get the value from the column [TOPLAM $]. If I choose €, than I need to get zero. At the same time, I want to be able to change it if I need, so I can't put it into App formula field.

Please help, I got stuck into this problem.

0 3 70
3 REPLIES 3

My solution is a Reset on edit tick:) Now I get the values according to the IF() formula. However there is another problem. When I try to change the value manually in the filed, the initial value is not shown again when I change the button. So it doesn't get an initial value again. Is it possible to get the initial value every time I choose another button ("$", "€", "TL" or "RUB")?

No, that's not how Initial Value works. As soon as you enter a manual value, the Initial Value won't re-evaluate again.

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4
Top Labels in this Space