Inline Action

Hi all. I need help with Inline Actions.

I have a table of possible Items to select.

I have managed to display such a table within a form, as "inline table". This seems very practical to me since the table is visible directly from the form.

What I want to do with the "inline table" is to have the items available to select the ones I want. After these items fill another table or another "inline table" to have them available to make a budget with the selected items.

I don't know how to create inline actions, when I create an action, it is executed in the table but not inline. I do not know how to do it.

Solved Solved
0 9 299
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

This image is really helpful! From what I can understand, you want the inline action of the table to be available in the "form" view of a different resource. To be honest, I don't think actions can work that way in a "form" view. Form views are different than a regular inline table view because there is a pending record that will be saved. So if you were looking at the table in it's own view, rather than the Presupuesto_Form view, the actions should behave normally.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

I am afraid I am getting confused in your explanation, I know it may be a pain but could you reply with a few images that I can look at to understand what you are talking about. 

If you are talking about what I think the two things I would try up first is: 

1. Make sure that in your table view you have enabled inline actions. and have selected which ones you would like. 

2. Any time I make an inline action I always have to tell it when to show so I either do in the show if section of the action something like this. 

CONTEXT("VIEW")="name of my view"         or

CONTEXT("VIEWTYPE")=OR("form","TABLE") 

Try that and then please send some screenshots if you are able. I want to and look forward to helping you how I can. 

Craig 

QREW Technologies

Sin título.png

Good day. I am left with a doubt. How do I make sure my table view has inline actions enabled? I don't know where that option is.

What happens is that the icon of the action is not shown in the inline table of the form.

Hi Craig how are you? I tried what you told me, I even verified that the "Add Activity" action in Behavior, in the Appearance Prominence part that it is enabled for Display Inline. But in the Inline view the action is not reflected. Do you know what I can be doing wrong? I appreciate your assistance.

An inline table has been inserted inside the form that I wanted, creating a virtual column called Items, type list, base type ref. But an Inline view has not been created. I had to create it myself in Ux as "Unit Costs_Inline" position Ref

However, I can't see the action inside the form.

Here a Image

Sin título.png

This image is really helpful! From what I can understand, you want the inline action of the table to be available in the "form" view of a different resource. To be honest, I don't think actions can work that way in a "form" view. Form views are different than a regular inline table view because there is a pending record that will be saved. So if you were looking at the table in it's own view, rather than the Presupuesto_Form view, the actions should behave normally.

Gracias Darmund! Esto allana muchos caminos!

I think I have a use case of inline actions that is similar to yours. For my app, I wanted to copy records from one table to another so that they could be part of a different process. I created something that looks like this:

Darmund_0-1643736305704.png

So users can add a resource to an event, but they can't add it more than once.

I did this by creating a virtual column on the Resources table with a blank app formula expression ""

Darmund_1-1643736417260.png

The key is to create one action with Appearance set to "Do Not Display" that handles the data change and another action that is a grouped action with Appearance set to "Display Inline" and attach it to the virtual column you created for your table. This way, you can apply format rules to your grouped action and they won't disappear when your data change action is no longer available.

I actually learned a part of this technique from a consulting session with QREW technologies! Totally worth it if you get stumped on implementing big features

Hola, a mi también me gustaría una explicación mas detallada de esto!

Puede que su respuesta esté cerca de la solución, sin embargo no entendí el proceso. Si puede explíqueme un poco mejor como llegar a ello. De todos modos agradezco su respuesta desde ya!

Top Labels in this Space