Inline Quick Edit feature ignores required_if

I have A Parent table that populates a Child table that jumps to its inline view for further input.

So the situation is i have fruit basket A, B, C that is selected on the Parent table. Then on a child table a row is created reference to that parent depending on the choice of Fruit Basket, say Basket A, contains apples and orange.  With the help of Group actions of 1. Looping Create list and 2. Link to view with quick edit activated, the user is then directed to a Quick edit Inline view of the child table which shows Fruits, Apples and oranges for example.  What the user needs to input next is the quantity of each fruit. For the Child table setup having columns of [Child ID], [Parent ID] [Fruit], and [Quantity], the first 3 are required since i i am able to create them based on the parent table.

What im trying to make is direct a user in a series of inputs expecting they should not leave any blanks.

For the [Quantity] to not be left blank, I made change counter for the child table. This change counter would be the condition when to make [Quantity] required. So since the Child row was initially created from a loop action. when the user jumps to the inline view. it now has a value of 1 in the change counter. This is my Required_if condition for Quanitity. [Change Counter]>=1

It works on manually edit of the table per row. However in Inline Quick edit view, it ignores the Required_If statement. 

Is this a bug or its just how it works?

Solved Solved
0 2 127
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

If I understand correctly, you are navigating to a Table View that has been placed into QuickEdit mode.  I recently played with this and you are correct that the Required_If is not applied in this view.  I believe it to be by design but I think it could be something useful so it would need a Feature Idea added for consideration of an enhancement.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

If I understand correctly, you are navigating to a Table View that has been placed into QuickEdit mode.  I recently played with this and you are correct that the Required_If is not applied in this view.  I believe it to be by design but I think it could be something useful so it would need a Feature Idea added for consideration of an enhancement.

Yes that is correct; table view on quick edit mode. Truly this kind of work flow will emencly beneficially for the community in bulk edit.  I would definitly write about it in feature Ideas.

Thanks @WillowMobileSys 

Top Labels in this Space