Inline Table View not displaying view for underlying slice - reverts to table's view

Hello, this one has been out there since April so it may be a no brainer - but I don’t think mine is working

I have an inline table view based on a parent/child relationship (child table “Weekly Schedule” is linked to parent table “tasks_suppliers” via REF field called Provider).

I’ve created a slice called available_appointments based on the Weekly Schedule table (for only “Open” appointments) so I’d like the underlying data for the child inline views to represent this data vs. the Weekly Schedule table data. To do this, I simply updated the REF_ROWS to reflect the “available_appointments” slice.

Problem: When I use the view and click on one of the options it takes me to the Weekly Schedules table view and not the view for available_appointments as expected. Note: When I click on the View option at the bottom of the inline view listing and then select my option, it DOES follow the appropriate view path for the available_appointments slice.

I also created a new virtual column and added the appropriate REF_ROWS expression to the app formula but no luck. What’s causing it to revert to the Weekly Schedules table and not follow the view path for the available_appointments slice?

Any help would be great as I now have 2 clients with the same problem A million thank you’s

2X_c_cc202128c613c87836edbabc3c30c861412eca6d.png

Solved Solved
0 12 1,087
  • UX
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Try LINKTOROW([weekly_slot_id],“village_avail_appts_Form”)

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

Have you created a detail view for your slice as well?

Hi Aleksi, I’m having the options under Available Appointments go straight to the form view vs. a detail view. Is the detail view required for it to function correctly?

For me it sounds that it’s the main reason.

Ok so its not currently possible to go to the form view from an inline view for the underlying slice? I’m trying to save steps for the client on this one.

You should be able to do that if you set the Event action for your inline table view as “Edit”.

Yes this is what’s not working correctly…

Create your own Event action with LINKTOROW and then choose the form view from your slice.

Ok will try that now. Thanks Aleksi

Hi Aleksi, I tried the LINKTOROW as an action but it doesn’t reference the record I’m selecting in an edit (form) view. It takes me to a new record entry screen. Here’s the expression: LINKTOROW(“weekly_slot_id”,“village_avail_appts_Form”) weekly_slot_id is the key field of the record being selected.

This truly appears to be a bug - Selecting one of the options should automatically take me to the appropriate form just like the VIEW option does without having to use a separate action.

Would you agree?

Appreciate any help as this issue is one of my only remaining issues on the project.

A million thanks

Try LINKTOROW([weekly_slot_id],“village_avail_appts_Form”)

That was it! A trillion thanks Aleksi! You’re the best!

You’re welcome

Top Labels in this Space