Inline action appears in table if column value not shown

I noticed today that the default Compose Email action attached to an email column in a table view appears even in rows for which when the email column's Show if property resolves to false. If the action is set to not display, the column's value appropriately does not appear for those rows. See following screenshots.

This seems wrong, and even problematic (e.g., in this scenario, the user can easily access from the UI an email address that was intended to be not shown).

Is this intended behavior? Is there some property I'm missing?

Column action is shown (not expected):

dbaum_1-1658972401298.png

Column value is not shown (as expected):

dbaum_0-1658972294045.png

Solved Solved
0 5 159
  • UX
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Works as intended.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

I would try setting the condition in the action's behavior -> Only if this cond is true.

Yes, if you replicate the column's Show if condition in the inline action's Only if condition then that suppresses the action for the rows where the column value is also suppressed. To me, that seems unnecessarily redundant but is certainly the right technique to utilize given actual AppSheet behavior--regardless of whether that actual behavior is as designed or, if so, well designed.

dbaum_0-1658977974003.png

Well, this certainly is not the only thing that is not quite 'intuitive' in the way the App is designed..

I will take what works and move on, unless it is a show stopper...

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Works as intended.

Thanks for confirming. Good to know to have that in mind.

Top Labels in this Space