Inline map view doesn't display data until unrelated table record is created

I have a parent child scenario where the parent detail view is based on table app_v_routesforday and the child map view is based on table app_v_schd_sites which displays locations for the parent routes The two tables are linked with a field called "route_schd_id".

I've added the following field name vir_routes_for_day_map to app_v_routesforday  and it contains the following select statement for the inline map view is: 

SELECT(app_v_schdsitesfortoday[id],[route_schd_id]=[_THISROW].[route_schd_id])

ISSUE:  The data appears on the map as expected but only when an entry is made in another table called "routes" and that table is referenced in virtual field vir_route_id within the parent table app_v_routeforday. I'm stumped as to how the 3rd table "routes" is related and why that would prevent data in app_v_schdsitesfortoday  that's readily available and connected to the app_v_routesforday table - to be visible.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Daisy_Ramirez_1-1713629532618.png

Daisy_Ramirez_0-1713629331817.png

Daisy_Ramirez_2-1713631729010.png

0 1 59
1 REPLY 1

@Daisy_Ramirez wrote:

SELECT(app_v_schdsitesfortoday[id],[route_schd_id]=[_THISROW].[route_schd_id])

Based on this expression, I assume that [route_schd_id] is a REF column, probably to your "Routes" table?  This would be why it depends on rows in the Routes table for the data to appear.  I also assume you are using this column, "vir_routes_for_day_map", as the source for your Map View?

If my assumptions are correct, then IF there is NO matching row in the Routes table there will be no rows returned by the SELECT() to show in the map.

Top Labels in this Space