Inputting to same Row from Multiple views

aglass

Is it possible for a user to submit data to the same row but from columns that are located in different primary views of the app… without having to re-enter the key field in the other primary views.

For example I’d like to have a trivia team enter their team info into the first primary view. The second, third, and 4th views would contain their answer submissions for rounds 1, 2, and 3 respectively. Then a 5th view would exist for the nightly standings.

It is imperative that the user be able to flip over to the nightly standings after each round is completed. That’s why I need to break the same row of data out into different columns.

0 3 226
3 REPLIES 3

In generally yes you can do that with slices but I would propose to use related tables where the first would be the parent and other submissions would be individual child records.

The reason for this structure is quite simple. If the user doesn’t sync the app when the new submission is filled, it can overwrite the existing record and then you loose other submissions.

Thanks for the response Aleksi! I need to figure out how to create child and parent tables. I’m obviously a novice here, but am eager to learn

Please check this article…

Top Labels in this Space