Insert a Form inside another form

Hi everyone!

I'm currenlty working on an inventory app, and I was wondering if it is possible to insert a form into a form. I have different google sheets: Lighting Tool Kit inventory, Safety kit, Toold kits, and I would like to "merge" them into another table, which in this case will be a vehicule. 

The main goal, is to have the user being able to fill the kits from a specific vehicule, since each vehicule have their own specific kits. 

I splitted my kits, since each of them as so many columns ( going to CS and HW) if i have them all together im thinking it would be heavy to manage over the time.

Thanking you in advance ๐Ÿ™‚ 

Solved Solved
0 2 548
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

You can create Parent/Child relationships between tables such that when you are in a Form of the Parent table, you see each Child table show as an Inline table that has an Add button.  Tapping the add button will open a Form for the Child table and when SAved will return the user to the Parent Form to continue filling it out.  You can have more than one Child for each Parent.

For more details on how to setup the Parent/Child relationships, start by reviewing this article References Between Tables

Pay special attention to the "Express ownership between tables" section.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

You can create Parent/Child relationships between tables such that when you are in a Form of the Parent table, you see each Child table show as an Inline table that has an Add button.  Tapping the add button will open a Form for the Child table and when SAved will return the user to the Parent Form to continue filling it out.  You can have more than one Child for each Parent.

For more details on how to setup the Parent/Child relationships, start by reviewing this article References Between Tables

Pay special attention to the "Express ownership between tables" section.

Thanks a lot for your help, I will explore the parent/child relationships ๐Ÿ™‚ 

Top Labels in this Space