Insert an application form as image when setting up Document template doesn't work properly

Hello,

After setting up pdf generation successfully in automation, I click "View" button to design the layout of pdf as below:

LawrenceMa_0-1666008784240.png

I plan to insert a blank application form. (here "blank" means not fill in the blanks yet, but the application form is full of tables, questions & signature etc...) and the variables can overlap the image to look like the form is filled.

First attempt: I set the image (namely application form) as behind text. That looks great but the output (namely pdf generation by automation bot) is the image push the text, they cannot overlap.

Second attempt: I set the image (namely application form) as watermark. That look great but the output (namely pdf generation by automation bot) is the image missing and only remain the text.

Does it come up with better way to fill in the blanks and generate pdf? Or I missed some setting on Google Documents? Thank you.

0 2 70
2 REPLIES 2

It sounds that you are trying to do text overlay on images in templates. If so I am afraid currently it is not natively possible. The "watermark" as well as "image" either gets removed or displaced when doing so.

@SkrOYC  who has done extensive work on HTML templates, and he has some nice tips and tricks based on HTML Templates. Please refer below post.

Watermark and logo in pdf template - Google Cloud Community

Too bad to hear that Google docs cannot solve the problem.. Thanks

Top Labels in this Space