Inserting a Like button

Hi,

I would like to allow a user to 1)  "add to list" any item they select out of a list, 2) show them that it was in fact "added" or not (e.g. change color of the heart) and 3) allow the user to toggle it on/off if they change their mind as they browse a list.  I'd then like to store the final selection of all "adds" of a parent list to a user designated and presumably truncated list so they can retrieve only the "added" items in a single view.

So far I've been able to create an "Add to my list" button that when clicked adds the item to a list in the database. 

Problems I'm still having:

1. the icon doesn't change appearance to reflect that it was in fact added to the list...so the user doesn't know it was in fact added at a glance

2. The user can hit "add to list" button multiple times and it adds it over and over (vs. only allowing it either be added or not only once)

3. User can't change their mind...that is, user needs to be able to hit "add to my list"...change their mind and unclick it and then at the end store only the final selections

Any thoughts?

Solved Solved
0 2 142
  • UX
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I made a sample app some time ago showing how to select items from a list to add them to "favorites", which causes them to show a heart next to them, maybe that sample could guide you in some aspects of your app development?

https://www.appsheet.com/start/2a936c4c-0425-4fb6-8ea2-0619d8a7be5d

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

I made a sample app some time ago showing how to select items from a list to add them to "favorites", which causes them to show a heart next to them, maybe that sample could guide you in some aspects of your app development?

https://www.appsheet.com/start/2a936c4c-0425-4fb6-8ea2-0619d8a7be5d

Thank you so much.  I really worked with this solution and it definitely helped.  I'm not a programmer so it was slow going.  WIsh there was a way to make it easier for non-programmers :).  

Top Labels in this Space