Install Multiple iOS Apps with Separate Icons

I've created 2 AppSheet apps. When I use the install link, it has me download the AppSheets app and opens up with that icon. If I install the second app, AppSheet now opens up only the latest installed app. How do I toggle between two apps that I've created. And further, how do I give them each their own launch icons on my iPhone Home Screen?

All instructions I've found suggest that this will just happen automatically, but it doesn't and I can't figure out how to do it. Is it because I'm using the free version of AppSheets? These are just small apps I've made for personal use.

0 2 133
2 REPLIES 2

There is something like "Add a shortcut" option that you can use to create icons for each app on your homescreen

You will want to add shortcuts to the different apps.  More on that below.

First, it probably needs clarification that AppSheet apps are web apps.  They are run on the mobile device inside of an AppSheet "container app".  Each device gets a SINGLE container app designed for that device.  One or more web apps are then hosted inside of this container.  

If you launch the container app, it will open the latest app used/installed on that device.  You can then navigate to other apps by using the App Gallery menu option.

From each AppSheet app you can create a shortcut to be placed on the device.  Open the app's side menu to access the "Add Shortcut" menu item.  See image.  Then take the necessary steps to add the shortcut to the home screen of your specific device.

IMG_F44F11DF4DF3-1.jpeg

A couple additional notes

• When using shortcuts, the common behavior is for the AppSheet container app to launch and then open the last used app.  Then after a few seconds the app will switch to the app requested by the shortcut.
  • You CAN have device specific apps generated out of AppSheet - e.g. an iOS version of your created app.  This generated app can then be published by you to the respective app store following the normal process of publishing the app.
Top Labels in this Space