Invalid [Related Column Name] Error when adding a record

I have a "Order" Table and "Order Items" in my app and I add standard Items to a Order from the detail view with a group action that count and match the standard Items with costumer ID and it worked great,

but with he time I'm getting an error when I use the action from the detail View to add all items,

That A column name is invalid, that column is the column is list for ref rows for its child table

So I can't add new Item's How can we solve this problem?

Screenshot 2022-02-22 193839.png

Solved Solved
0 4 216
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi every one

I have a part of the solution 

I went deeper in, so I found that the error msg was applied to a column in a other table - In a parent Level 2 , (what I had for a to use for a different action) 

so the table I'm trying to add the new row had a Virtual Column Named "order Processor ID" what is Parent for a collection of orders, and the Order Processor Table automatically gets a VC Named  the Same as the  Parent (Level 1) Ref Row List "Related Order Detail Items",

So I tired to rename it to :"Related Order Detail Items Parent Level 2" and the error popped up the the new name,

So I removed it and it works again 

But I still Don't Know why it didn't work when a table is related to to tables?, this problem could happened again by any one who relate one table to more then one parent

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

@Ben_Systems wrote:

add standard Items to a Order from the detail view with a group action that count and match the standard Items with costumer ID

Please elaborate.

Screenshot 2022-02-22 201203.pngLets make take it to point because I'm using a group like a loop

but i tried to use the single action what is adding a new record to the order detail table what is a child of the order table, And I'm getting the same Error 

that means the problem is when I'm adding a record from the Parent Table, with this action 

i will try to explain i use a action:

add a new Row to another table using values from this row, in this case this row is a parent table and the new Row to another table is a child to this parent, But i also add some values like the Item ID And Qty from a 3rd table what has the standard Items for each Customer (For A monthly Order) so i match it with a select Statement to the Customer ID what is already in the order table in this row   

Hi every one

I have a part of the solution 

I went deeper in, so I found that the error msg was applied to a column in a other table - In a parent Level 2 , (what I had for a to use for a different action) 

so the table I'm trying to add the new row had a Virtual Column Named "order Processor ID" what is Parent for a collection of orders, and the Order Processor Table automatically gets a VC Named  the Same as the  Parent (Level 1) Ref Row List "Related Order Detail Items",

So I tired to rename it to :"Related Order Detail Items Parent Level 2" and the error popped up the the new name,

So I removed it and it works again 

But I still Don't Know why it didn't work when a table is related to to tables?, this problem could happened again by any one who relate one table to more then one parent

Top Labels in this Space