Inventory App Subtract Feet and Inches

Hi 

I am very new to appsheet so any help would be much appreciated. 

I have a inventory app for rolls of fabric. Basically product name, quantity feet, quantity inches. every time some fabric is sold we will do a sale and input details eg. invoice no, Sales person id, Quantity sold feet, Quantity sold inches - I have the following expressions to update these and subtract from the current inventory which works in the basic terms of subtraction 

[Quantity Feet] - ANY(SELECT(Sales[Quantity Feet], [_RowNumber] = MAX(Sales [_RowNumber])))

[Quantity Inches] - ANY(SELECT(Sales[Quantity Inches], [_RowNumber] = MAX(Sales [_RowNumber])))

App Purpose = Any member of staff can see the current stock of fabric and the amount left on the roll thats available to sell

I need an expression that will calculate the inches and when 12+ inches are sold it will automatically subtract 1 foot from the available feet measurement if that makes sense

thanks a mill for any help on this 

Solved Solved
0 2 90
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Welcome to the community!

1. Let's say you your form allows users to enter either saleInches or saleFeet or both of them.
  2. You should then have a third column that combines the two and stores the value in either units. Let's suppose it will store inches and we'll name it saleTotalInches. Its App formula would be:  [saleInches] + [saleFeet] * 12.0
  3. Then another saleTotalFeet would have its App formula as:  [saleTotalInches] / 12.0

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Welcome to the community!

1. Let's say you your form allows users to enter either saleInches or saleFeet or both of them.
  2. You should then have a third column that combines the two and stores the value in either units. Let's suppose it will store inches and we'll name it saleTotalInches. Its App formula would be:  [saleInches] + [saleFeet] * 12.0
  3. Then another saleTotalFeet would have its App formula as:  [saleTotalInches] / 12.0

Hi Joseph

Thanks for taking the time to help with this, worked perfectly!! I really appreciate it!

Top Labels in this Space