Inventory - Equipment - FIFO (first in/first out)

I'm not sure if what I want to do is possible without creating a circular argument. I created an app that handles an inventory of large equipment.  Same types of equipment different models. I have a PO table where equipment is ordered and received. It has a delivery date and received date. I have a new orders table for the orders.  I want to be able to match the oldest PO (PO# is an actual number and smallest PO# is the oldest PO#) with the next order going out the door.  Order delivery dates can change so I want the app to be able to update the PO#s when the order of the orders change. Below are the columns that would be pertinent to this problem.  I have tried to make another table called OrderItems, where I bring info from both tables to perform the date update but haven't had much luck.  If one order had several of items one model then the OrderItems table would have several items referencing that one order.  I don't think a need this separate table to peform what I need to accomplish but am open for suggestions.  I'm pretty new to appsheet and I know that this might be a pretty complex answer with virtual columns created and some complex expressions.

OrderInfo Table Columns - OrderID; Order#, ModelID; Delivery Date

EquipmentPO table Columns - POID, PO#, UnitID, ModelID, POStatus, PO Delivery Date, Received Date

0 3 135
3 REPLIES 3

@d-grigsby wrote:

I'm not sure if what I want to do is possible without creating a circular argument

If by a "circular argument" you mean a loop, yes, it's needed, unless you want to present the user with a manual way to do it. In that case, you just show them what's available from the oldest item and force them to add another "out" registry for the balance

I don't want to do it manually.  That will take too much time. So will I need to create a loop with an action and a bot?

Not a bot, just a loop with actions that creates as much "Out" records as needed to cover the whole "Out" you asked originally

Top Labels in this Space