Inventory calculations

i have two tables to calculate the cost of parts according to the assembly of the products.
"Products"  table that holds all parts required to produce a product along with quantities (Stock quantity and  required parts per product). 
"used parts"  table for calculations and updating the stock value. This table has ref column "Part ID",
virtual column: select(Products[Stock quantity],[category]=[_thisrow].[category])
2nd virtual column: select(Products[per product],[category]=[_thisrow].[category])

I have working dropdown where i choose the "Category" and all the values (stock quantity and quantity per product) are pulled according to the selected category, then I enter the number in the field that how many sets were made.
the idea is to do the following calculation: [Stock quantity] - [per product] * [Number of sets]
I understand that the virtual columns are "list" type values and this simple calculation formula does not workthat way but Im out of ideas how to make it work. 

Although I have tried to create actions to update the value "on a set of rows" but this way I cannot enter the "number of sets" and the most concerning part is the error correction, how to take the calculation back if if an incorrect quantity of sets was entered.

0 1 93
1 REPLY 1

@Krismar wrote:

I have tried to create actions to update the value "on a set of rows" but this way I cannot enter the "number of sets"

Look into using the INPUT() function.  It will allow you to pass the values between actions.

Top Labels in this Space